At Silky Smooth our hair removal expertise is not limited to eyebrow shaping; we also set a superior standard for competitive and quality Sugaring services in Washington DC & NOVA
What is Sugaring?
Sugaring is a natural and effective method of body hair removal originating in ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece. Professional Sugaring can be more safe, gentle and effective than waxing. The professional grade sugaring paste used at Silky Smooth is made up of three natural ingredients: sugar, water and lemon juice. It looks like thick honey and yes, it is edible! The barely lukewarm sugaring paste is applied to the skin against the growth of the hair. It wraps itself around the hair shaft and seeps into the hair follicle which lubricates the root of the hair. The paste is then 'flicked' off in the direction of the hair growth bringing the hair with it. The result is smooth, beautiful skin, without the discomforts of other epilation techniques.
How does sugaring work?
The all natural sugar paste is massaged onto the skin by hand at lukewarm temperature and then molded against the natural direction of hair growth. With a flicking motion the hair is gently removed in the natural direction of hair growth.
Why is sugar the best option for hair removal?
What is Silky Smooth homecare recommendations?
You should avoid touching your freshly sugared area with non-sanitized hands.
Avoid soaking in baths or hot tubs for 24 hours.
Avoid working out for 12-24 hours after your sugaring service.
Avoid sun tanning for 24 hours: skin will be more sensitive to UV rays. Wear sunscreen to avoid bad reactions.
Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the sugared area up to 12 hours.
Exfoliate; gently exfoliate 2-3 days a week with The Lash & Sugar Company’s exfoliating scrub to help prevent ingrown hairs & breakouts between sugaring services.
For best results, repeat your Silky Smooth sugaring every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
100% Natural Ingredients: completely natural: made from sugar, lemon and water. You can eat it!
Sanitary: hypoallergenic and non comedogenic: sugar paste is applied with a gloved hand, and a fresh ball of sugar paste is used for each client, meaning no risk of cross contamination.
- Less Painful than Waxing: sugar will not stick to live skin cells, only the dead skin cells are removed, so there is less risk of abrasions/tearing and generally less redness than waxing.
- Not Hot: sugar paste is lukewarm when it is applied, so there is no risk of burning the skin.
- Unique Technique: sugar paste is applied against the natural direction of hair growth, then removed in the direction of growth resulting in a less painful hair removal and less hair breakage.
- Extracts Short Hairs: hair growth needs to be only 1/8 inch long to be removed (about 7 days growth).
- Gentle: sugaring is so gentle it can be used to remove the vellus hair that grows on some women’s faces.
- Easy Clean Up: sugar paste dissolves easily in water and there’s no sticky residue left on skin.
|Stomach and Full Back||$75|
|Half Legs Below Knees||$45|
|Half Legs Above Knees||$50|
|Full Body without Brazilian||$185|
|Full Body with Brazilian||$250|